Aqua-Aid OARS Organic Acid Redistribution System
Research has proven that water repellency and LDS is caused by the buildup of organic acids (humic substances) in the top one inch below the thatch/soil interface. These organic acids are the result of dead plant material that builds up over a short period of time. Before the discovery of OARS, the only way to manage these organic acids was to mask their effect with a hydrating surfactant.
Because turf is aggressive and is continually growing, the buildup of organic acids is also continual. OARS’ unique combination of a hydrating surfactant and organic acid solubilizer is the only chemistry that addresses water repellency at the cause.
OARS is the corrective approach to managing water repellency. Unlike other surfactants and soil amendments that just alleviate the symptoms of soil water repellency, OARS solubilizes the built-up hydrophobic organic substances allowing them to be flushed from the soil particle surface and provides 30 days of hydration.
- Uniform movement of water into and through the soil profile
- Patterns of wetting and re-wetting that will improve the amount of water in the soil to meet transpirational and metabolic demands of turfgrass
- Removes the cause of water repellency
- 30 day deep hydrating surfactant
- Provides a uniform soil moisture profile
- Creates a dryer playing surface
- The corrective approach to water repellency