ONYX Organic-based Granular Fertiliser
Onyx is an organic molasses-based compound granular fertiliser.
- Rich, black fertiliser pellets
- Rich in organic matter
- Rich in amino acids
Manufactured from processed molasses and then pelleted into a perfectly spherical black prill. This unique organic-based fertiliser delivers nitrogen, potassium, trace elements and significant levels of amino acids. It is produced from concentrated plant extracts with powerful bio-stimulation properties and supplies macro and micronutrients. The 2-3mm prills are ideal for golf tees, fairways and surrounds, sports pitches, lawncare, general amenity turf and horticulture.
- NPK 11-0-3
- Rich in amino acids
- Enhances seed germination, root growth and nutrient uptake
- Sugar content to promote healthy soil bacteria and fungi
- Organic source of macro and micronutrients
- Conditions against stress
Product Usage: Ideal for sports pitches, lawncare, general amenity turf and horticulture.
Application Period: At any time during the growing period.
Application Rates: 25-50 gms/sqm
Application Notes: Ideally, irrigate after application or apply when expecting rain
Additional Product Information
Glutamic acid acts as an osmotic agent and will favour opening the stoma, allowing other amino acids to pass through; opening the stoma will increase photosynthesis and transpiration due to increased absorption of micronutrients as a result reducing carbohydrate destruction and increasing metabolism efficiency of the plant.
- Onyx is dust free,
- It is effortless to use and spread,
- It has a very low burn potential.
- Drought Safe product - it can be applied with no water and in drought conditions with no negative impact and start to breakdown and release nutrients when it rains or irrigated in
- It has a very even particle size for even spread,
- It contains sugar content to stimulate soil biology.
- Slow release 6-8 weeks
- No bad odours
- Organic source breaks down into the soil profile quickly.
- Encourages fast root establishment and growth
- Enhanced nutrient uptake
- Low salt index
- Zero phosphate
- Improves stress resistance and recovery from stress
- Increases photosynthesis and chlorophyll production
- Temperature-driven nutrient release
- Efficient use of fertiliser minimising leaching and volatilisation
Got Questions?Ask an Expert!
Additional Details & Specifications
Customer Reviews 2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was recommended this product by a turf expert for my particular soil profile. There is a "best fertiliser" for different lawns and soil compositions. But I must say, it's working brilliantly for my two turf areas, and my lawn has made an almost complete recovery after a deep scalp and scarify in a seasonal lawn renovation in only two weeks. Brilliant! It spreads very easily in a hand held fertiliser spreader, is not dusty, so it doesn't make a mess. It waters in well and has not burned my lawn. Finally, and interestingly, it has a nice licorice smell to it!
I have been using this product for 6 weeks with great results; plant performance has been impressive. easy to use.
- Organic Status:
- Organic Based