Wild May Fruit Fly Attractant
Wild May Fruit Fly Attractant is a pesticide free organically safe attractant for killing the male Queensland fruit fly. Made from Essential Oils it is a Unique Organic Attractant with BFA Allowable Organic Input Status that is both cost effective and easy to use. Its non-toxic killing system does not harm beneficial insects.
- For Queensland fruit fly
- Attracts male fruit flies
- Made from native Australian essential oils
To obtain optimum efficiency Wild May research has proven that four (4) traps per hectare (2.5 acres)
Many people prefer to make their own traps out of plastic drink bottles, etc.
Directions for Use:
- Pour attractant into base of trap to a minimum depth of 20mm.
- Place trap upwind in shaded branch on the eastern side of the tree approximately 1.2 metres off the ground.
- Place four traps per hectare equally spaced around areas where fruit flies are to be monitored/controlled.
- Recharge traps when liquid attractant evaporates to a depth of 15mm.
- When recharging the traps it is advisable to remove dead flies from the trap liquid by an effective means such as pouring the liquid through a sieve or using a small spoon.
Normally when the traps are introduced a large amount of flies are caught followed by decrease in numbers hopefully down to one or two flies per day. This is the first generation of fruit flies you have eradicated in your area. Remember that if you have fruit or vegetables in season at this time they will still be stung by the current generation of fertile females.
By leaving the traps in place when the next generation of fruit flies emerges from the ground the juvenile males will be attracted to the lure and eradicated in most cases before they become sexually mature. The female needs to mate before they sting your produce and if there are no males available to mate with they will leave the area in search of male fruit flies.
Research has shown that CONTINUOUS USE OF THE ATTRACTANT, throughout the year has dramatically reduced fruit fly strikes and in some cases completely eliminated them.
Hint: Keep out all year for optimum results.
Got Questions?Ask an Expert!
Additional Details & Specifications
Customer Reviews 5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been buying this product for over 8 years now! BEFORE that I WASTED my money on so many traps that just didn't work! Especially WICK styles that dried out in 4 wks in greater Sydney climate (Penrith) and cost me a fortune to replenish! Probably tried out about of the 40 top recommended fruit fly baits and attractants before I came across this product about 8-10 years ago! I have nothing more to say than: TOTALLY HAPPY & PRODUCT EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!
I have set my fruit fly traps up using the Wild May attractant so has the season progresses I hopefully will catch fruit fly and get to enjoy my crop. This is my first time using this product but have only heard good things.
Very happy order arrived very quick , will be back
i am happy with the product
Good easy to use and it works !!
- Active Ingredient:
- 0.25G/L 4-(P-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Butanone Actetate
- Active Ingredient:
- 0.5G/L 4-(P-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Butanone
- Organic Status:
- Certified Organic
- Mode Of Action: