BASF Velifer Biological Insecticide
Biological pest control for protected crops.
Velifer biological insecticide provides growers with a non-chemical solution to manage a wide range of key pests in protected cropping structures. Velifer complements integrated pest management (IPM) systems and conventional chemistry, adding more versatility to spray programs. Velifer is effective against insect populations that have developed resistance to conventional insecticides and can be used frequently right up to harvest.
- Provides effective early-stage pest population management to prevent crop damage
- Effective against all insect life stages, including eggs, larvae/nymphs and adults.
- Safe to most beneficial species, ideal for IPM systems
- Multiple sprays can be used to suppress developing pest populations and/or slow their build-up to help beneficial insects control them.
- No withholding period or risk of residues in harvested crops
- A non-chemical solution to meet evolving sustainability goals
All vegetables and ornamentals in protective structures.
Target pests (suppression only)
- Chrysanthemum aphids
- Green peach aphids
- Rose aphids
- Two-spotted spider mites
- Onion thrips
- Western flower thrips
- Greenhouse whiteflies
- Silverleaf whiteflies
- Sweet potato whiteflies
How Velifer Works
Derived from a beneficial fungus, Beauveria bassiana strain PPRI 5339, Velifer affects all of a pest’s life stages, including egg, larvae/nymph and adult. Once applied directly to the pest target, Velifer spores germinate on the insect’s cuticle before puncturing it, allowing moisture to escape and cause the insect to dehydrate. Inside the pest, the fungi proliferate and feed, leading to the insect’s death within 24-48 hours.
Please refer to the application label for application rates
Got Questions?Ask an Expert!
Additional Details & Specifications
- Active Ingredient:
- 8 CFU/mL Beauveria Bassiana
- Mode Of Action:
- Group UN Insecticide