ProForce Onset 10 GR Pre-Emergent Herbicide
ProForce Onset 10GR is a granular preemergent herbicide containing the active ingredient Prodiamine (10g/kg). It is registered for the pre-emergent herbicidal control of a broad range of grass weeds, including Barnyard Grass, Crabgrass & Summer Grass, Parramatta Grass, Rats Tail Fescue, Crowsfoot, African Love Grass, Bahiagrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Paspalum and Wintergrass. ProForce Onset 10GR is registered for use on established turf of the following turf species; Bahiagrass, Buffalo, Carpetgrass, Common Couch, Hybrid Couch, Kikuyu, Queensland Blue Couch, Seashore Paspalum and Zoysia. Onset 10GR Herbicide is coated on a 200SGN (2mm) dust-free, silica granule. The granule contains 26% Plant Available Silicon. Silicon has proven links in abiotic stress management, nutrient uptake improvement, cell wall conditioning, and known benefits of increasing turfgrass wear and reducing drought stress.
- The granular formulation is convenient, easy to apply and spread, and reduces drift and concerns around off-target movement.
- Broad spectrum pre-emergent grass weed control.
- One of the few pre-emergent herbicides registered for the control of Parramatta Grass, Rats Tail Fescue, Paspalum and African Love Grass.
- Strong activity on Crowsfoot, Crabgrass and Summer Grass.
- Non-scheduled chemistry – safer to handle and use in public spaces.
- Excellent residual performance – up to 6 months.
- Delivers available silicon to the soil. Improves stress management, nutrient uptake, cell wall strength and turfgrass wear.
Mode of Action
GROUP 3 HERBICIDE
Prodiamine, the active ingredient in Onset 10GR, prevents root growth by blocking plant cell division steps needed for chromosome separation and cell wall formation in the germinating weed seed. As a result of restricted cell division, the growth of the emerging weed seedling stops, eventuating in death due to a lack of available food reserves. Prodiamine is absorbed through roots and inhibits root and shoot growth in susceptible weed species. Prodiamine has a high soil binding capacity, staying within the top few centimetres of soil. Selectivity in turf is caused by differences in germination depth of susceptible grass seedlings that absorb the Prodiamine in the top layer of soil, compared to the growing points in the turf’s roots system that is at a greater depth and is unable to uptake the prodiamine
Got Questions?Ask an Expert!
Additional Details & Specifications
- Active Ingredient:
- 10g/Kg Prodiamine
- Mode Of Action:
- Group 3 Herbicide (Prev. Group D)